To SNG Neighborhood:
BEDLAM THEATRE 31 August, 2010
Fall Event Dates for Temporary Permits Proposal
Temporary Assembly for the period spanning September 24th – October 31st.
The collected activities comprise a Bedlam Fall Theater & Community Art Festival. Hosted by Redesign Inc. in the Seward neighborhood, on the alternate transit cooridor. The programming is a scaled version of the fall programming at Bedlam’s Cedar Riverside venue, with a “Community Design Center” adding perspective and seeking public input on Bedlam’s success of the past few years, plans for a permanent home, and more broadly the role of the Arts in Community Development.
Much of the activity would hopefully be sufficiently covered under the Temporary Assembly for those 5 weeks, with additional special permits required for activity as listed below (and, of course, if reading the full list of activities, another permit or application seems necessary).
The Outdoor Stage would be used on the following days, so we assume we need an Outdoor Permit to cover these days (let us know if this can be one permit or should be several. I don’t know that any of the outdoor events would rise to the sound level of needing a noise permit, but better safe than sorry on 6 of the days.
- Friday Sept 24 – Full Moon Puppet Cabaret ending 10p
- Saturday Sept 25 – eclectic music, puppets, spoken word ending 10p
- Tuesday Sept 29 – Spark Festival electronic music ending 8p
- Wednesday Sept 30 – Spark Festival electronic music ending 8p
- Thursday Oct 1 – Spark Festival electronic music ending 8p
- Friday Oct 2 – Spark Festival electronic music ending 8p
- Thursday Oct 14 – Medicine Show Cabaret ending 10p
- Friday Oct 15 – Medicine Show Cabaret ending 10p
- Saturday Oct 16 – Medicine Show Cabaret ending
- Friday Oct 22 – Full Moon Puppet Cabaret ending 10p
- Saturday Oct 23 – eclectic music, puppets, spoken word ending 10p (Noise)
- Friday, Oct 29 Band Night
- Saturday, Oct 30 Band Night
- Sunday, Oct 31 Halloween Party
Bedlam currently holds a year-round Outdoor Food Vending License for use with events, with food prepared at a licensed kitchen offsite. Food connected to events would be either through the Bedlam Food Booth or in partnership with Sister’s Camelot through one of their mobile kitchens. We will include the food tent in site plan and description of Temporary Assembly and Outdoor Permits. Let us know if further action is required.
Temporary Liquor Service Permits will serve 12 days of the events, with the BryantLake/Barbette as the Licensee and Bedlam as the nonprofit for permits one & two plus a second nonprofit partner on permits three-five, in the following groupings:
- permit one – Fri/Sat Sept 24 & 25 (2 days)
- permit two – Wed-Sat Sept 28-Oct 2 (4 days)
- permit three – Saturday Oct 9th (1 day)
- permit four – Fri/Sat Oct 22 & 23rd (2 days)
- permit five – Fri-Sun Oct 29-31st (3 days)
Thanks – John